March 11, 2006

Stargate and poker chips

I am seriously bummed out because I forgot to record the season finale of Stargate SG-1 last night and according to scifi.com the new episode is not going to rerun. At least not in the next few months. Thankfully I did remember to record Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica.

Instead of watching SG-1 I was playing poker with some friends from work. Here is a picture I took of my new chips.

New Poker Chips

I bought 300 11.5g plastic chips. I decided to go plastic over clay mostly because of the price. This way I don't have to worry about them getting banged up or broken and can be easily cleaned.

5 Comments:

I just wanted to stop by and say hi.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 9:13 AM  
Robin: good to hear from you.

JD: Thanks. I have not done anything else to my table. It is my dining room table so I am very limited to what I can do. Anything would have to be removable and easy to assemble/disassemble.

Hopefully I will be able to make or buy my own table once we move and have more room. Right now I don’t host enough poker games to justify spending any more money.

Hopefully this will change, but I do not see it happening anytime in the near future.
posted by Blogger Interblogger at 3:47 PM  
Have you thought about downloading the episode you missed? Might work if you tried eMule or Azureus, maybe someone would have it. Sorry to hear you missed your episode though.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 12:17 PM  
It turns out it did record due to a mistake by the recorder or the channel. It recorded Battlestar Galactica at the wrong time, and it just so happened Stargate SG-1 was playing during that time. It worked out great because the season finale of Battlestar Galactica is actually replayed for people who missed it the first time.
posted by Blogger Interblogger at 12:55 AM  
Bonus! That's pretty cool.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:16 AM