July 07, 2005

Tracking your Blog's Statistics

One fun part about blogging for me is seeing information about the visitors who go to my blog. It is fun to know how many visits per day I have, how visitors are finding my blog, and (sometimes the most interesting) what keywords are people searching for (Google, Yahoo, ect..) to find my blog.

If you want to keep track of you blog statistics I recommend BlogPatrol. You may have seen the image below on other blogs.

BlogPatrol

I don’t know if they are the best out there, but it meets my needs. Some other free statistic tracking sites you can try are StatCounter or SiteMeter. It only takes a minute to sign up. Once you sign up they give you a small piece of code to add to your site. This code (JavaScript) displays an image which allows them to track your site. Just click on that image to login when you want to see your site statistics. I have to warn you BlogPatrol’s JavaScript quality is very poor, but it works. If you know JavaScript you will want to rewrite it first thing. If not, don’t worry about it.

4 Comments:

I stuck with statcounter stuff. Can't say that I've learned anything all that interesting off of the 2 blogs that I maintain! Was hoping numbers would be higher, but oh well. I'm enjoying it for the most part!
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 8:50 PM  
I understand about low numbers. There are just so many blogs out there. I guess the market is over saturated with blogs. :)
posted by Blogger Interblogger at 10:07 PM  
I like seeing my stats as well. Once in a while I'll track the IPs and see where everyone is from. It's pretty interesting.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 12:47 AM  
statcounter has been very helpful to me with unwanted visitors. Now if I could only block some IPs.
posted by Blogger Robin at 7:54 PM