June 18, 2005

Using Blogger's Feeds

If you are a blogging fanatic (you know who you are) I suggest instead of making a blogroll (list of blogs you read) 5 miles long that you only add your favorite blogs. For all the other blogs you want to keep up with I suggest you subscribe to their XML feeds such as RSS or Atom. I use Live Bookmarks which is a feature Firefox browser offers. All modern browser will have something that will syndicate blog feeds (IE is not a modern browser). This way you can easily check a multitude of blogs quickly so you will not miss any new posts. The best part is, you only have to visit a site when they update. No more visiting the sites to see if they have an update.

I would also suggest you make your RSS or Atom feed available to others so they can subscribe to your feeds. Anyone who uses blogger has an Atom feed available.

3 Comments:

I LOVE this!!!!! Now I don't have to go to every blog to see if they've posted...thanks :).
posted by Blogger Chastity at 12:34 AM  
I agree with the comment on the RSS/Atom feeds. I need to run back through my favorite blogs and see if they have turned on RSS/Atom. Those being Chas and MoatesGarage!
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 8:30 AM  
Christian:
They both have Atom feeds. By default all Blogger blogs have them although I have noticed some people have accidentally deleted theirs or removed it not knowing what it is.
posted by Blogger Interblogger at 1:07 AM